18 October 2010

Treasure Hunt...





I love to come across conceptual designers who utilise everyday objects to create wonderful masterpieces. These works of art are by Stuart Haygarth and I think they hold greater impact once you discover what they are made of. One object on its own can seem precious or even useless, but a collection seen from different perspectives and angles can have much greater impact.
'Starting in 2004 I have been working on design projects which revolve around the collections of objects. The objects are normally collected in large quantities categorized and assembled in a way that transforms their meaning. My work is about giving banal and overlooked objects a new significance.' SH
I am forever scouting flea markets, car boot sales and second-hand stores for items that catch my eye. I have no special need for anything, however, I just cannot resist rescuing objects that tell a story or provoke a once-loved feeling. Maybe this is one reason I like to construct my designs out of objects....it gives me an excuse to keep treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment